6 minutes read
April 28, 2022
The Funniest and Most Encouraging Math Quotes for Kids
A few things can create the excitement to learn math in kids, and one of such things is famous math quotes by renowned people in history. Such statements can inspire students to handle the challenge of solving a math problem. So, parents, teachers, and math enthusiasts should feel free to use math quotes for students in the classroom or while helping kids study at home.
The Purpose of Using Math Quotes
Strategically include inspirational mathematical quotes in your lessons to improve your students’ engagement levels. You can add a melody to some of the statements to ensure your students remember the quotes while learning fractions or other complex concepts. By the end of the school year, you can ask every student about their favorite quote and what they’ve learned from it.
8 Funny Math Quotes
Funny math quotes set the tone for an exciting math lesson. The best part is that contemporary math quotes for kids describe relatable scenarios every student has experienced.
- That awkward moment when you finish a math problem and your answer isn’t even one of the choices. (Ritu Ghatourey)
- Math: the only place where people can buy 64 watermelons, and no one wonders why. (Anonymous)
- A mathematician is a blind man in a dark room looking for a black cat that isn’t there. (Charles Darwin)
- Parallel lines have so much in common; it’s a shame they’ll never meet. (Anonymous)
- There are three kinds of people in the world: those who are good at math and those who aren’t. (Anonymous)
- If there is a 50-50 chance something can go wrong, then nine times out of 10, it will. (Paul Harvey)
- There is a fine line between a numerator and a denominator; only a fraction will understand. (Anonymous)
- Arithmetic is where numbers fly like pigeons in and out of your head. (Carl Sandburg)
1:1 Online Math Tutoring Let’s start learning Math!
8 Inspirational Math Quotes
Have some inspirational math quotes handy to share with students going through a learning rut. For example, printed motivational math quotes on the walls of a classroom will help them see the bigger picture and believe in their ability to solve math problems.
- Everything around you is mathematics. Everything around you is numbers. Without mathematics, there’s nothing you can do. (Shakuntala Devi)
- The only way to learn mathematics is to do mathematics. (Paul Hamos)
- Math: the only subject that counts. (Anonymous)
- It’s not that I’m so smart; it’s just that I stay with problems longer. (Albert Einstein)
- Why do children dread mathematics? Because of the wrong approach; because it is looked at as a subject. (Shakuntala Devi)
- Pure mathematics is the world’s best game. (Richard J. Trudeau)
- Go down deep enough into anything, and you will find mathematics. (Dean Schlicter)
- It is clear that the chief end of mathematical study must be to make the students think. (John Wesley Young)
8 Famous Math Quotes
Few things can prove the importance of math in human history, and famous mathematicians’ quotations are among them. For example, some Albert Einstein’s math quotes are still relevant today and applicable in educating young minds.
- There should be no such thing as boring mathematics. (Edsger Dijkstra)
- Mathematics is the most beautiful and most powerful creation of the human spirit. (Stefan Banach)
- If you can’t explain it simply, you don’t understand it well enough. (Albert Einstein)
- Mathematics is the door and key to the sciences. (Roger Bacon)
- Mathematics is the music of reason. (James Joseph Sylvester)
- There is geometry in the humming of the strings; there is music in the spacing of the spheres. (Pythagoras)
- God may not play dice with the universe, but something strange is going on with prime numbers. (Paul Erdos)
- What is mathematics? It is only a systematic effort of solving puzzles posed by nature. (Shakuntala Devi)
1:1 Online Math Tutoring Let’s start learning Math!
6 Motivational Math Quotes
Inspirational math quotes will give teachers a zeal to continue teaching students even when they don’t see instant results. If you are a parent or tutor, short math quotes will keep you focused on being a role model for the younger generation.
- Mathematics is not about numbers, equations, computations, or algorithms: it is about understanding. (William Paul Thurston)
- You never fail until you stop trying. (Albert Einstein)
- I’ve always been interested in using mathematics to make the world work better. (Alvin E. Roth)
- It’s fine to work on any problem, so long as it generates interesting mathematics along the way — even if you don’t solve it at the end of the day. (Andrew Wiles)
- The definition of a good mathematical problem is the mathematics it generates rather than the problem itself. (Andrew Wiles)
- There is no branch of mathematics, however abstract, which may not someday be applied to phenomena of the real world. (Mykola Lobachevsky)
Whether students are learning fractions, basic arithmetic, or multiplication tables, they can benefit from math quotes for kids when studying gets too tough. Numerous statements have stood the test of time and continue to highlight math’s importance for humans. So, print inspirational or funny quotes out and use them to motivate students to learn math.
Math Catch Up Program
- Learn Math Simple - Fast - Effective
- Overcome math obstacles and reach new heights with Brighterly.
Simple - Fast - Effective
Overcome math obstacles and reach new heights with Brighterly.